Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Spectacle lens cleaner

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:35:02 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 28/01/2016 23:20, R D S wrote:
You can do worse than clean them in the morning, while in the bathroom,
with warm water and soap, dry them with bog roll

Not bog roll, wood fibre is surprisingly abrasive. Use your tee-shirt.

Andy

I don't often find the need to clean my glasses more than once a day. I
clean them first thing when I'm getting dressed, using the back side of
the fresh pair of cotton underpants I'm about to wear to wipe my breath
off of the lenses.

A guaranteed fresh clean cotton polishing 'cloth' every time and
whatever tiny amount of 'dirt' that gets picked up is of no consequence
since it's trapped on the outer surface which only comes into contact
with the inner surface of whatever trousers, usually a pair of jeans, I
happen to be wearing that day.

I'll give them a clean with ordinary hand soap and running water about
once every few months or so or whenever I feel such 'extra care' is
required when they become contaminated with something best not dealt with
in the usual way (usually grease smears or splashes).

--
Johnny B Good