Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default changed to : Investing

"philo" wrote in message ...
On 02/03/2016 07:22 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
]

snip

Sounds like no personal banker, lawyer, accountant.

You are correct, I have no personal banker, accountant or financial
advisor. (Did hire a lawyer to do my will though)

I hired a lawyer once. He ripped me off. Now he's RIP himself.

A few times advisors have called on me and since I have been investing
in the stock market for over 50 years and have been quite successful , I
was the one who ended up giving them advice.

Started when I was 13 years old and my dad of course invested for me.

Mentioned this before somewhere but will repeat:

Choosing a good stock is not that difficult, the hard part is having the
years of experience to know you can ride something out. VIZ: A cast iron
stomach.

No matter what, the stock market has it's ups and downs and one must
learn /not/ to panic and sell when things drop.

I started my daughter in the same tradition and she started calling the
shots at even an earlier age then me. As a result the few thousand
dollars worth of her childhood birthday and Christmas money grew
sufficiently to put herself through college and graduate debt free.

I gave her a little help with car repairs etc but she has been damn
independent.