Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cord of firewood: terms n' prices

On 2/3/2016 7:45 PM, notbob wrote:
I usta live in CA, where a cord of oak went fer about $200. I now
live in Colorado and CO has no native hardwoods. Pine and Aspen go
fer about $200 cord, but a buddy sez all the "cords", hereabouts, are
"face cords". ????

I never heard of a "face cord" and wiki defines them as, roughly,
one-third of a full cord of wood. $180-$200 fer a third of a cord!?
.....of pine!!!??? I'm used to my buddy being dead wrong about many
things. What say the Western hommies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cord_(unit)

Where do you live and what are you paying ....for what unit of
measure?

nb

Face cord is a stack 4' x 8' x 16" instead of 4' People that burn the
fireplace on Christmas often buy a small amount like that.

I can get a full cord of hardwood, cut, split, delivered for $200 to $250