Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Drawer & Cabinet Guys:! Opinions Needed!

On 2/3/2016 5:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
It would be nice for the client if I could figure out a way to make them
universal.

Similar situation you are in.

Not a single RO, side to side, top to bottom, the same in this set of 6
garage storage cabinets.

What will really frost your butt is I originally bid on the whole
cabinet job (including drawers), lost the bid, and was called back later
to fix the problem when the asshat who out bid me couldn't figure out
how to make and fit/install the damned file sized drawers the client wanted.

Boy howdy, did they have to pay through the nose for what you see in
these photos ... and I was not about to make six different size drawers.

Also had to replace the door hinges to get the needed clearance for the
specific width drawers to hold file folders.

If you look closely you can see some of the variation in "spacer"
thickness from cabinet to cabinet ... and from top to bottom drawer.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...?noredirect=1#

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net