Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 21:35:23 +0000, dennis@home
wrote:

snip

Even my earliest Garmin had the option of different vehicles and when
you select say 'Truck' it adjusted both the typical speeds but also
any width restrictions etc.

I doubt if it did.

I don't still have my actual first, the GPS III+ but I do still have
the V so I'll check it out for you.

It my have avoided single track roads but did it know about height
restrictions,

I didn't actually mention them.

load limits, etc.?

Or them, I just said width restrictions (and a typical speed profile).

Check this out:

https://www.manualowl.com/m/Garmin/G.../Manual/229180

p58. '... Some roads have vehicle based restrictions associated with
them (e.g. no commercial truck traffic, no pedestrians or no bicycles)
.. By selecting vehicle type you can avoid being routed where you
cannot legally go ... '

So, just a plain "Sorry Tim" will do dennis. ;-)

One wrote our old family car off then drove off (thanks). ;-(

It's possible they may only have the more basic maps for countries
outside their own, or simply haven't ever updated them.

Or are cheapskates that don't use the right tool.

See above re dead ends. ;-)

Go on tomtom and report it as an error.

Not for me to do is it, although I have a TomTom and think I've
registered it so maybe I could?

Cheers, T i m