Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
If you don't have a smart phone, a tablet, or a surface and you own a
car, and you can read a map, its amazing what you don't need.

Well quite. I just got a new phone for £25. It has a 2Mpx camera, but
only because I couldn't get one without.

I'm on PAYG, but bought a phone with a decent
camera. That get more use than the phone. ;-)

That's the way I used to be before we started coordinating
the garage/yard sale opening times by phone.

And not just because it's a decent camera either,
much more convenient to take a quick photo than
to take notes most of the time. And when you can't
read the microscopic lettering on a nanosim, very
convenient to take a photo and zoom in and read
it that way. Same with id plates on appliances,
much easier to poke the phone where it can see
it and take a photo than it is to lie on the floor
where you can read it etc with stuff too big to
lift up easily like a fridge etc.