Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Tue, 02 Feb 2016 23:00:44 +0000, T i m wrote:

Yes, but a decent gps does so much more with routing around traffic
congestion and continuously telling you what time you will arrive etc.

Ah, and that's reminded me of another fantastic feature, the ETA! ;-)

We had to collect my Mum from Southampton the other day (~2 hrs away)
and she was meeting us at the Hovercraft terminal from the IOW. We
texted her as we left with the ETA and as we arrived at the Hoverport
we saw her Hovercraft coming across the Solent. By the time we had
parked up and walked up, she was walking out of the terminal. ;-)

You must have a very good satnav if it took you the Hovercraft
terminal after you asked for Southampton ;-)
Southampton hasn't had a Hovercraft terminal for many a year now
( though it was so noisy people may still be walking around deaf).
Perchance you went to Southsea?

GHarman