Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

dennis@home wrote
T i m wrote

I'd agree for unpredictable congestion but argue that local
knowledge would probably win over any GPS congestion
displays. I've been taken on routes by the GPS I wouldn't
typically take because I know all the little side options etc.

My tomtom knows the traffic congestion around here better than I do.

But not as well as google.maps does.

The system actually knows how long its taking to get down a road
while the local knowledge only knows its usually a five minute delay.
The tomtom will take you down the quickest route it can find and
includes the back streets.

So does google.maps and it has much better
measured traffic info than tomtom does.