Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default we bought a new house, and got a bad roof job about 3 months ago,what do we do?

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 1:11:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 08:26:07 -0600, philo wrote:

Problem is, my home insurer closed operations in my state and I had to
find a different carrier. Most of them...right off the bat...took a look
at the roof and said they would not insure me. It did not matter that
there were no leaks.

I will never do business with State Farm ...ever..because the agent
insulated me as well. I was refused due to "lack of pride of ownership"
or something like that.

I'll be blunt, brief, and to the point.
* INSURANCE PEOPLE ARE ALL ASSHOLES *

I choose not to include my agent or even my Ins Co in your "all".

As I mentioned in my earlier post, my agent called me to tell me that my
Ins Co was going to increase my coverage while reducing my annual rate by
~40%. I've been with my agent for over 30 years. Maybe having a long term
relationship matters.

My agent has always been extremely helpful, especially during the time
when I was asking for multiple quotes as we tried to determine which cars
the girls should take back to college with them. When you factor in age,
driving experience, vehicle year/model and location, matching the
correct driver to the right vehicle can make a huge difference in the cost.

Having an independent agent that is willing to work hard to help determine
the best option and explain the details really beats calling some 8xx
number and talking to a complete stranger. When there was an issue with
an insurance document while I was at the DMV last year, my agent faxed a
corrected document directly to the DMV office and also emailed a copy to my
smartphone just in case there was a problem with the fax. I'd probably
*still* be on the phone with an 8xx rep trying to get it straightened out.