Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Wed, 03 Feb 2016 17:56:02 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , T i m
wrote:

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 05:34:35 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

But don't water and gas tapes turn in the opposite direction.

I'm not sure mate? Most gas taps I've come across are actually
stopcocks so 'on' could be a quarter turn clockwise which would indeed
be opposite a std water tap. goes and checks something. Yes, the
cold ceramic tap on our kitchen mixer is anticlockwise for on whereas
the hot is clockwise. ;-)

That's merely because that's what you purchased. It doesn't have to be
like that.

Quite? Sorry, did you think I was complaining or something?

As I said elsewhere, whilst it took a second to get used to (and I
still can't be 100% I don't ever try to turn the hot on
traditionally), it hasn't ever really been an issue.

Cheers, T i m