Posted to alt.home.repair
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default we bought a new house, and got a bad roof job about 3 months ago, what do we do?

We just bought a house 5 months ago, and we knew it needed a new roof. We
thought we did our homework finding a good roofing company, but we didn't.
They finished the job about a month and a half ago, and the shingles look
awful, and some have fallen off. We can tell by looking at our neighbors,
that had theirs done a month before we did, that things are terribly wrong.
We don't trust the roofer to make this good, and we don't know who to call
to come and inspect it, and tell us just how bad it is.
Who do we call??
There are other big things that need to be fixed in this house, and we
ended on a bad note with our realtor...everyone says to ask them for names
of companys/contractors for our needs, but we don't want to have to deal
with her.
We are about to get a divorce from all of the stress and fighting this and
having our pool repaved has caused.
We need direction!! We need someone we can trust to help us find honest
good reliable contractors.
Mainly, our immediate problem, do we call another roofing company? Will
they come out, and find problems, so that we have to poor more money into
it? Or should we call a home inspector?
And how do we go about trying to make the roof company fix it? Or should
we even trust them to do that? The guy we hired was pretty shifty, and the
roof workers kept showing up to collect their money, even though we paid
for it all with a cashiers check 2 days after it was finished.
What do we do?
we paid 10,500.00 for this, we can't afford just to lose it...please,
please help