Posted to rec.woodworking
Carter Carter is offline

Default Closing shop -- prices?

After 37 years in the same location, my wife and I are thinking of
selling the house and moving to a condo -- with no room there for a wood
shop. Therefore, I am looking to sell my equipment locally here in the
Detroit area. (cast iron is too heavy / expensive to ship).

I would like to get the group's thoughts on what prices I should ask for
the equipment listed below. I hope this is the proper venue and that no
one will start a flame war over my asking. If so, I apologize in
advance...and give me a brief notice so I have time to put on my
flame-proof asbestos suit. :-)

All equipment listed was purchased *new* by me in the mid 1980s and has
been in my basement shop since then. It has not been used for at least
the last 20 years; also, it all has been lightly used, is in near new
cosmetic and 100% operational condition and have all the original
owner's manuals.

1) Rockwell Model RC-33 13 inch thickness planer, 220 volt single
phase. Included is an HTC mobile base.

2) Rockwell 10 inch contractors saw, 120 volt. Includes the following:

a) Excalibur T-slot precision saw fence (with manual)

b) HTC mobile base

c) The two sheet metal extension wings have been replaced with Delta
Unisaw cast iron extension wings.

3) Rockwell 46-111 Wood Lathe, e/w 2-speed motor (plus speed changes via
multi-step pulleys), indexing head, regular and ball bearing dead
center, knockout bar, 2 tool rests, etc.

4) Ten (10) various Sorby turning tools, mint condition.

5) Rockwell 14 inch Wood Cutting Band Saw. Includes work light, fence, a
dozen or so various width blades and retractable caster set.

6) Mark 5 Shopsmith with miscellaneous small accessories.

7) Joint-Matic machine made by Strong Tool Design. Used for making a lot
of exotic and very accurate wood joints using your router. Includes the
optional stand.

8) AMT 6 inch jointer -- an exact clone of the Delta jointer

That's pretty much all the big pieces.

Again, I would appreciate your input as to what I should ask for these
pieces.

Thanks in advance,
Carter