Lloyd Randall

Default Headsets for cordless phones

In article ,
"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." wrote:

Lloyd Randall wrote:
"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." wrote:
All the other cordless phones I've had worked fine with a 32-ohm headset,
even one 8-ohm headset.

Hmmmm... how long have headset-ready cordless phones been available?
Did any of your phones operate at 2.4 GHz or have DSS? Plantronics says
they don't recommend their 32-ohm headsets for any of these phones. It
sounds as if a lot of manufacturers are using higher impedances.

The V-tech and the current RS/Uniden were both 2.4GHz and DSS. Plantronics'
headset gives *me* good volume with them, but their boom mike gives low
outgoing volume on those two and two other phones I tried it on. (Works
fine with the cell phone, though.) I currently use a $30 RS binaural
headset with the RS/Uniden phones and like it.

Oh no! I have to worry about the mike, too? Plantronics gave the M110
a three-position switch so the user could choose -45, -50, or -55 db.
You can't please everyone. One caller preferred -45 and another -55, so
I leave the switch at -50.

Any equipment you plug into the line input of a stereo amplifier should
work because it's all supposed to have a signal of 1 volt and an
impedance of 600 ohms. Phonograph signals also have electrical
specifications, allowing one to use different turntables or cartridges.

Telephone equipment used to adhere to electrical specifications. Aren't
there electrical standards for the signals at the headset jack of a
phone? What a mess!

You've gotten me curious about Uniden/RS.

--
Best Regards,
Lloyd