Posted to alt.home.repair
Kenny Kenny is offline

Default PIR lights and CCTV?

Thanks for the replies, will wait and see. It's not a problem, just
curious.

Kenny

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per Kenny:
I have cameras front and back of house which switch to IR at night. Will
be
getting PIR outside lights soon and curious as to whether if the light
switches on will the camera work as a daytime one, ie: with colour or will
it switch to IR with no colour?

It will depend on your cameras and the intensity of the light that is
triggered.

I have a bunch of the older model of these el-cheapo cams:
http://tinyurl.com/zz4648r which I run at 1280x720.

Their setup screen lets me choose Night-Always, Daytime-Always, or
automagic switching depending on light level.

I have them set to auto.

Couple hundred watts of floodlight is not enough to make them switch to
daylight, but 500 watts of halogen does the job.

But the change is not instant. The light comes on, and then there are
a few seconds until the camera catches on and switches to daylight mode.

Here are a couple samples of what I get once the flood is on and the
camera has changed over. The second one gives an idea of motion quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1eoRp4ImDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXrItm_bmjw
--
Pete Cresswell