Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 05:18:36 -0800 (PST), Martin Bonner
wrote:

On Sunday, 31 January 2016 22:10:20 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 19:49:45 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

I forgot that last time I used it, the zip on the weedy bag it was in
broke, and I had been organized enough to order a better bag for it!

Funny isn't it, how we get used to something being a certain way and
then don't recognise any changes.

I wonder how many of us have accidentally called our second wife by
the name of the first? (And you could imagine all the times when that
could be *really* bad / awkward). ;-)

I can categorically promise I have never done that.

How long were you with the first Mrs Bonner though (IIMA)? My first
was 7 years, this one 27 so far (I think)?

I have on a couple
of occasions called SWMBO "Mum" though

Now I don't think I've done that. I did call a complete stranger 'Mum'
in the supermarket the other day (doing some shopping for one of her
friends) and that only because mine swapped places with (potentially)
someone else's when my back was turned. ;-)

(there might be a time when that
isn't really bad / awkward, but I haven't found one yet).

Luckily, that was just embarrassing / funny for us.

Cheers, T i m