Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On 1 Feb 2016 12:23:51 GMT, Huge wrote:

What a brilliant idea. I went into a mall in Rochester, NY, came out
of a different door to the one I went in and couldn't find my hire
car. I didn't even know what make, model or colour it was.

On a visit to the Pentagon myself and three BAe engineers went in for
a meeting, visited several offices and came out again. The car didn't
seem to be where we expected so I said "How can you lose a Green Ford
(whatever)" to which engineer No1 said - "no it was a blue Chrysler"
and engineer No2 said "no that was yesterday - today was a red Dodge".
Engineer No3 couldnt remember but was adamant it wasn't a Green Ford,
a blue Chrysler or a red Dodge.

The key didn't help as it was an anonymouse one. We then resorted to
wondering around pressing the button on the key fob in the hope
something beeped. After a bit it became clear we were attracting an
audience of large gentlemen with guns. Deciding it was better to ask
for help before being shot and having no female with us to be sent to
do the asking we gave in and declared we had lost our car.

"Which car park was it in" said gunman1 "The only one - we didn't
get a choice" said we. " There are 5 car parks" said gunman2, "one for
each door. Which door did you go in?" "The main one" said we. "There
are 5 main doors - one in each wing". Lots of looking at each other
and shrugging ensued. Eventually gunman 1 and 3 agreed to take us to
each car park in turn (so their mates wouldn't shoot us as we wandered
around pressing the key fob.). 2 hours later we found it (and it was
a green Ford).