Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Sunday, 31 January 2016 19:49:37 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
The other day when installing an extractor fan, I needed a 5" hole
though the wall. The wall in question was made up from several layers of
cladding and ply, but was basically a stud wall. Hence, I stuck a 5"
holesaw on my combi drill, romped up the ladder, and went at it.

Having found that I was making rather slow progress, it was also cold
and the wind was blowing, and I had nearly twisted my wrist twice when
the saw snagged, I decided it was time to go and get big FO drill with a
clutch.

I then wasted 30 mins looking for my core drill. It was not where it
should be, or anywhere else likely. Phoned the last person I lent it to,
he had brought it back. Hmmmm. In the end I got out the SDS, and found a
rare use for the normal chuck adaptor in it.

So tonight I though I would go have another look for it in the workshop
- looked on the floor under the bottom tool shelf (got down on my hands
and knees with a torch this time). Nope, definitely not there. Then I
was about to get up, when I looked at a big yellow and black bag on the
bottom shelf that I did not recognise immediately. Oh yes, one core
drill and all the cores!

I forgot that last time I used it, the zip on the weedy bag it was in
broke, and I had been organized enough to order a better bag for it!

Fed up with being unable to find tape measures, I bought another 9. I still often can't find one

NT