Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hiding in plain sight

On 01/02/16 07:30, Blanco wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
The other day when installing an extractor fan, I needed a 5" hole
though the wall. The wall in question was made up from several layers
of cladding and ply, but was basically a stud wall. Hence, I stuck a
5" holesaw on my combi drill, romped up the ladder, and went at it.

Having found that I was making rather slow progress, it was also cold
and the wind was blowing, and I had nearly twisted my wrist twice when
the saw snagged, I decided it was time to go and get big FO drill with
a clutch.

I then wasted 30 mins looking for my core drill. It was not where it
should be, or anywhere else likely. Phoned the last person I lent it
to, he had brought it back. Hmmmm. In the end I got out the SDS, and
found a rare use for the normal chuck adaptor in it.

So tonight I though I would go have another look for it in the
workshop - looked on the floor under the bottom tool shelf (got down
on my hands and knees with a torch this time). Nope, definitely not
there. Then I was about to get up, when I looked at a big yellow and
black bag on the bottom shelf that I did not recognise immediately. Oh
yes, one core drill and all the cores!

I forgot that last time I used it, the zip on the weedy bag it was in
broke, and I had been organized enough to order a better bag for it!

That's Alzheimer's for you.

You are Rod speedo and I claim my vegamite