Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

"John Rumm" wrote in message
The other day when installing an extractor fan, I needed a 5" hole though
the wall. The wall in question was made up from several layers of cladding
and ply, but was basically a stud wall. Hence, I stuck a 5" holesaw on my
combi drill, romped up the ladder, and went at it.

Having found that I was making rather slow progress, it was also cold and
the wind was blowing, and I had nearly twisted my wrist twice when the saw
snagged, I decided it was time to go and get big FO drill with a clutch.

I then wasted 30 mins looking for my core drill. It was not where it
should be, or anywhere else likely. Phoned the last person I lent it to,
he had brought it back. Hmmmm. In the end I got out the SDS, and found a
rare use for the normal chuck adaptor in it.

So tonight I though I would go have another look for it in the workshop -
looked on the floor under the bottom tool shelf (got down on my hands and
knees with a torch this time). Nope, definitely not there. Then I was
about to get up, when I looked at a big yellow and black bag on the bottom
shelf that I did not recognise immediately. Oh yes, one core drill and all
the cores!

I forgot that last time I used it, the zip on the weedy bag it was in
broke, and I had been organized enough to order a better bag for it!

What really annoys me is when I go to the shed for something, I know I have
one but it's nowhere to be found.
I then go and buy another one. Much later, it turns up when I'm looking for
something else.