Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default wall plug wiring

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 12:25:04 AM UTC-5, dangerous dan wrote:
While looking at this wall plug, I noticed it has a designated side for white wire, and a designated side for black wire. In the past I never saw that on a plug and just put it on whichever side was handy.

Is there a valid reason for putting a specific color wire on a specific side? I personally wouldn't think so, but maybe an electrician would know a reason, or someone more knowledgeable.

--
Usenet Reader for Android
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk

Ibelieve some of this goes back to the AM radio days, when tranformless radios first started appearing on store shelves.

one side was hot, the other side connected to the radios case, which worked fine with the transformer isolating the outside case.

no transformer no isolation ZAP