Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default French drain and cellar Q

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 7:41:09 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
TekkieĊ½ wrote:
Oren posted for all of us...

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 16:39:16 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

My question is what to put over the gravel drainage bed before
backfilling .

Landscape fabric -- if the original pipe doesn't have a "pipe sock"
over the already installed pipe.

The screen will allow further drainage.

+1 I hope he doesn't argue with us.

Nah , I just have a problem with people that think they know better when
they have absolutely no idea of the actual conditions here . Chances were
slim that I'd ever have a problem if I'd done nothing at all to the block
walls . As far as water table I believe it's down there a ways since we're
on a slope -my well has water over 25 feet down , but I don't know if that's
pertinent .

--
Snag

well now Having wasted over 8 grand to install a exterior french drain. had a excavating company dig all the way to the footer, cut down mature trees to get the machine where it needs to be, reslope and landscape the entire yard, i was the laborer on this big job, which took me much of the summer..

only to find i wasted my time and money.........

ended up with a interior french drain, no work at all, except signing the check.....

so i tried to pass along my experience, and find the person i was trying to help, didnt want the info.....