Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Noisy flusher

On 1/30/2016 4:25 PM, Micky wrote:
1. I've noticed when sitting on the toilet t hat I have no trouble
getting to one inch of it, and then I sort have to plop down, like
bailing out of a plane. I"m pretty sure I could do this for more
than 1 inch also. This works pretty well, but as I get older, will
the 1" grow to 2 or 3? OTOH if "comfort" toilets are only 2 inches
higher, it might not be worth it. I'm pretty sure I can plop 2 or 3
inches when the time comes.

You can buy raised seats or add ons for height. We remodeled both
bathrooms in the past couple of years and the comfort height really
makes a difference for us. We put some it at work too.

It is also handy to have a vanity next to the toilet to give you a boots
with your arm resting on it.

"2. Noisy Flusher

There are plenty of positive things to say about pressure-assisted
toilets, which account for half of all toilets purchased, according to

==I assumed some sort of air pressure had to be provided to make
those motel toilets flush with so much pressure, but if half of all
toilets are like that, that must mean no extra air supply is needed.

==How do they generate the extra pressure?

I have no idea. With new designs there is no reason to have a power
flush. Our Kohler toilets have never missed sending all the solids out.
There are other brands that work well too.