Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Kitchen counter advice??

On 1/29/2016 11:24 AM, Casper wrote:
Ivan Vegvary was heard to mutter:

Finishing daughter's basement rental.
What materials are advised for counter tops that are low maintenance and good life? This is a rental. Tenants probably young professionals.
Sink in 4'x5' island with seating around. (Stools). Remaining counter tops are prep areas along the wall.
Thank you!

No one likes Corian or other similar surfaces?

I cause many many kitchen counter and bath vanity tops to be put in,
lots of them.

I have to go with what the client prefers, which these days is a toss up
between granite and quartz.

My personal preference the past few years is quartz. AAMOF, put quartz
in my own lake house kitchen this past year, which is a rental property.

The trend these past few years in multi-million dollar homes, and high
dollar kitchens, has tended to shy away from the 1 1/2" bull nosed
granite, to thinner, quartz (3/4 to 5/4) counter tops.

Often with laminate, or glass mosaic tile, backsplashes.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net