Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Four socket in old house not powering devices

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:51:20 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:54:31 -0500,
wrote:

When Southwire came out with yellow and orange, it became the defacto
industry standard.

But Southwire doesn't make ALL the wire used in North America

Perhaps you missed the "defacto industry standard" part.
Find me someone who has made orange 14 gauge romex since the
Eisenhower administration. (about the time plastic NM cable appeared)
Most of the paper asphalt NM was silver but it might have had red or
orange writing on it.

Up here it was brown, black, orange, and occaisionally silver.
Our early plastic stuff was black, white, brown, or orange.