Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_7_] Muggles[_7_] is offline

Default OT enlarging photo

On 1/28/2016 5:47 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/28/2016 05:37 PM, Muggles wrote:

snip

Since I was not particularly good in the darkroom anyway I do not regret
getting rid of my stuff. I now have sent some stuff off to two different
labs and I'll see which one does the best job

I learned B&W darkroom developing and printing back in the mid to late
'80's. When digital came along I found my niche and love to manipulate
images, or otherwise edit them. Composites are my ultimate favorite.

Even though I'm a computer geek who spends a lot of time building and
repairing computers I am not terribly Photoshop proficient.

I shoot everything in color but a huge portion of it I convert to B&W
and do little more than adjust the brightness and contrast. I do a lot
of low light shooting and many of my digital images have the look of
Tri-X.

That said I do some color as well and always have my wife do the final
editing as she has essentially perfect color vision.

We took a color-vision test and her acuity was deemed exceptional while
mine was just average. I think in general women are better with colors
then men.

My wardrobe consists mainly of black t-shirts.

I do enjoy working with B&W but with a twist by editing for selective
color. That's kind of fun.

--
Maggie