Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default 304 Rod Machining

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 17:58:32 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

Watch out using 303 for food processing. It's restricted for some
uses
in the US. It pits.

--
Ed Huntress

What do you know about Inconel 600 for food, specifically for a
thermocouple probe in simmering tomato sauce or acidic meat marinade?
The applications tech at Omega knew even less about it than I do.

The probe I bought from them reads 212.1F in boiling water.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocouple
"The main limitation with thermocouples is accuracy; system errors of
less than one degree Celsius (°C) can be difficult to achieve."

-jsw

I don't know anything about it, but this site says it's an "effective
tool" in food processing.

http://www.steelforge.com/literature...dbits/inconel/

That stands to reason, because it's a very corrosion resistant
nickel-chrome-iron alloy.

You'll see many Google references to Inconel 600 and food processing.

--
Ed Huntress