Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Your Name[_4_] Your Name[_4_] is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

In article , The Real Bev
wrote:
On 01/27/2016 09:15 PM, Your Name wrote:
In article , The Real Bev
wrote:

Few used it even when it was highly active. When I rode on the ski
lifts with strangers I asked them if they ever used any of the skiing or
other newsgroups. Granted, a small sample -- maybe 100 people, if that
-- but you'd think that ONE might have been an addict. Nope.

For swift help from strangers, many of whom are actually qualified to
offer it, nothing has even come close. The "forums" are maddeningly
inefficient and the users are frequently... of negative utility.

Hi, you must be new to the internet. ;-)

sigh You guessed it. Only since 1994 sob.

*All* internet forums, including Usenet, Facebook, Wikipedia, IMDB,
etc., etc., are infested with idiots, know-nothings, and trolls
claiming to be experts. The reality is most of them are 12 year olds
(either physically or mentally).

The benefit of proper Usenet software or good forum software is that
you can killfile such imbeciles and ignore them.

The problem with forums is the low density of text and ****-poor indexing.

As against the almost-no indexing in Usenet newsgroups, and the fact
that in most newsgroups the morons can't be banned.