Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default Four socket in old house not powering devices

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 8:03:04 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
A couple days ago, I got called to a friend's
house to troubleshoot a four outlet wall
socket, which wasn't operating plug in devices.
My three bulb tester said B-N was barely there,
neon bulb was flickering. B-G was not powered,
and of course N had no power, so N-G was show
no neon bulb light.

New socket (recently put in) with orange 14 ga
romex. Circuit panel was fairly new, and this
circuit was supplied with new orange 14-2 Romex.
I think I found the problem. Anyone want to guess
what it was?

I'm going back to work on it in a couple days,
will post follow up.

OT would help...considering this is mindless blogging!