Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_3_] Mark Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone used one of these?

"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 20:46:54 -0600, Mark Zacharias wrote:

Mine uses a 6.3v AC transformer so no attempt is made to operate devices
under load.

mz

But you still find that exposes every form of damage you encounter in
practice?

I never said "every form" but it is a powerful tool.

Like oscilloscopes.

Like multimeters.

Like an esr tester. (Even though the "curve tracer" can give a quick check
of esr in many situations.)

It's usable in-circuit and once a person is proficient with it, can VERY
often cut troubleshooting time dramatically. (Test current is
resistance-limited, depends on exact schematic of the curve tracer. There
are many variations.)

We all have our favorite tools and little tricks to help us in what we do.

This is just one more.

Mark Z.