Bob Kos

Default We are attempting a hard drive platter transplant and need to construct a small 'Clean Room'

"James Sweet" wrote in message

If there's multiple platters there's absolutely zero chance of aligning

them
correctly, even with a machine, it's possible you could swap them and get
the drive to low level format but then you've lost all your data so what's
the point? Even on a relatively small 20gb drive there'll be millions of
bits around one rotation so there's no way you could ever line up more

than
one platter with each other.

Good thought - I hadn't considered that the platters need to be syncronized.
This job is not doable in the average kitchen laboratory....