Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Cat5e or what?

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 03:59:46 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

Nice to know the purple ones will remain after the fire :-)

Years ago I had a phone call that went something like this:

Them: Hi Tim, when you get a moment can you pop round and see why our
network isn't working please?

Me: Sure ... any idea what's not working?

Them: All of it I think.

Me: Oh, ok, any idea why it's all stopped working?

Them: Well, the network cables look like they are melted.

Me: Erm, never seen that before ... any reason why they could have
'melted'?

Them: Ah, you didn't hear about the fire then ... ?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I was 'selling' the benefits of my new Garmin GPS to my Dad.
'... and it's waterproof to 5m.'

Dad: I'm not sure how that will help if it's fitted to your motorbike
at the time ... ;-)