Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Cat5e or what?

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:25:08 +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

It's only just over 10 years ago that ADSL appeared here, that's ADSL2
"up to 8 Mbps" not ADSL2+, we get around 5 Mbps. It's starting to feel
"slow", but we are too far from the exchange/cabinet for ADSL2+ or VDSL
to improve things. Roll on FTTRN or better, sensible prices for FTTPoD

We're wired direct to the exchange, a couple of miles and a large river
away. 2Mbit on a good day.

But there's a lot of loops of fibre dangling from damn near every phone
pole around here - so FTTP it'll be, and soon...