Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they have to touch and would too much oil interfere in their touching?

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 19:13:42 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I remember my parents 1970 Chevrolet Nova. The AM
antenna was in the windshield, sort of T shaped
loop. No whip antenna to be had.

That is in response to people breaking off the regular whips and all
the problems they had with the early retractables

I am old enough to remember car radios with tubes in them. (vibrator
power supply). In those days a radio would kill a battery pretty fast
because they pulled about 15a. We didn't start seeing transistor
radios in cars until the 60s. That was "daddy's car", our cars look
like something you see in Havana today. ;-)