Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Do they have to touch and would too much oil interfere in their touching?

Stormin Mormon writes:
On 1/27/2016 2:25 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 14:18:12 -0500, Micky

Do they have to touch and would too much oil interfere in their
touching?

I am shocked that a renown home repairer like you does not have some
oil laying around but you can usually get enough from the dip stick in
the engine to lube that antenna.

Probably yes, the antenna sectons need to touch.
A bit of oil won't make any difference.

I'd hesitate to use the drop of oil off the
dipstick, the detergent oils absorb moisture
from the air. I'd rather use the transmission
dipstick. Or go buy some oil.

A dry lubricant such as white lithium grease or graphite
would be best.