Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default I think I am going mad. (no don't answer that).

On 27/01/2016 17:56, wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 17:09:31 UTC, GB wrote:

And the hole where we could feel the air ****ing out was nowhere
near the rim, it was the edge of the flat part of the tread

The good news is that some holes in the tread, but not the side
wall, can be repaired for not a great deal. £10-ish. It would be
best to remove the wheel and get the tyre repaired, rather than
driving on it any more and buggering it up properly.

Unfortunately, the "edge of the flat part of the tread" is one of
those areas that are not allowed to be repaired.

You are right. It depends how near the edge, though. See
http://www.blackcircles.com/general/repair

The middle 60-70% of the tread is repairable, it seems.

I hardly ever wear tyres out - they always seem to get punctures and
they are invariably near the edge of the tread:-(

I have had slow leaks from one fencing nail, one posidriv screw and
several horseshoe nails.

We have lovely grass sections of the pavements here, that unfortunately
some of my neighbours insist on parking (and ruining). I did think of
scattering the modern equivalent of caltrops on these grass patches,
namely posidriv screws, but that would probably be a mistake.

Also a cracked BT manhole cover caused
instant deflation recently.

John