Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Need advice on ice maker valve replacement

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 11:18:28 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 10:20:19 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 8:27:41 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 11:03:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 17:45:43 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I wondered if they raised their own rates after paying themselves. Maybe
even cancelled their own policy. That would be so fitting!

More fitting is they denied they claim and THEN cancelled themselves!

More likely too given the exlusions I've see regarding flood damage.

(-:
Flood damage is interesting. Water over land is not covered without a
specific rider that you can not get for any price in flood prone
areas.

Wrong again. Flood insurance is available in most areas that are flood
prone, at least here in the USA.

Named perils doesn't cover any flood damage UNLESS it is specified.
Also known as specified perils.

All perils covers floods - except for over land -no insurance covers
"acts of war" and many don't cover "acts of God" unless specified
(lightning, wind, earthquake etc)

I'd like to see the many homeowner's policies that don't cover wind, the
house burning down due to lightning, etc. Earthquakes, yes. But I've yet
to see a homeowner's policy that doesn't cover the house burning down from
a lightning strike.

I wonder what my "Act of God coverage" actually is. I should look it up.

I've had damage caused by the *results* of wind (and other "Acts Of God")
which the Ins Co covered but the damage wasn't the direct result of the "Act".

Heavy winds caused a large limb to come down on my house from a neighboring
tree. The Ins Co covered the damage caused by the fallen limb.

An ice storm caused a large limb to come down on my house from a neighboring
tree. That limb took out my electrical service and damaged some siding. The
Ins Co covered the damage caused by the fallen limb.

A micro burst toppled a tree which totaled my van. The Ins Co covered the
damage caused by fallen tree.

I wonder what would have happened if the wind had ripped off my siding or
the ice storm caused my gutters to fall off or the micro-burst had flipped
my van over. Each of those would have resulted in damage caused *directly*
by the "Act Of God", not "indirect" damage from trees that were damaged
by the Act.

I assume I would have been covered, but I honestly don't know.

During Sandy I had substantial roof damage due to high winds and then
some water damage as a further consequence. Homeowners covered it all.
They also covered a sliding screen door that got blown off and destroyed.

Good to know. No problems caused by Jonas?