Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default I think I am going mad. (no don't answer that).

Last might I walked over to a friend of mine, and later on he ran me back in his car,
when we discovered a rear tyre was nearly flat. I pumped it up with me trusty Halfords
inflator, but I could hear air hissing out - we both did - and there was a draught
coming out of the tread at one point. However it was dark so I left his car there, ran
him home in mine, and this morning went out to see how flat the tyre was.

Well it wasn't. Flat. The hiss wasn't there, there was no sign of a hole..in the
location where the air had been coming out (edge of the tread)...

WTF is going on? Rational explanations only please, no alcohol or hallucinogenic drugs
were involved (sadly ). He did run into his belligerent neighbours fence post
yesterday though...would a spike through the tread self heal?

The madness/mistake question should resolve itself as soon as he collects the
car and agres to the state of the tyre..

Assuming that is, that the tyre doesn't decide to deflate again in the
meantime.

In which case all bets are off.

michael adams