Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I think I am going mad. (no don't answer that).

Last might I walked over to a friend of mine, and later on he ran me
back in his car, when we discovered a rear tyre was nearly flat. I
pumped it up with me trusty Halfords inflator, but I could hear air
hissing out - we both did - and there was a draught coming out of the
tread at one point. However it was dark so I left his car there, ran him
home in mine, and this morning went out to see how flat the tyre was.

Well it wasn't. Flat. The hiss wasn't there, there was no sign of a
hole..in the location where the air had been coming out (edge of the
tread)...

WTF is going on? Rational explanations only please, no alcohol or
hallucinogenic drugs were involved (sadly ). He did run into his
belligerent neighbours fence post yesterday though...would a spike
through the tread self heal?

"Saki"