Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Need advice on ice maker valve replacement

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 08:35:39 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/25/2016 10:06 PM, Micky wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:23:41 -0600, Peabody
wrote:

The ice maker inlet valve on my 1979 Whirlpool fridge finally died. I can't
explain why it failed so quickly.

Anyway, I ordered what's supposed to be the correct replacement valve, which
is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381506821667

However, this one has a quick connect fitting for the water supply line, but
the instructions are for an apparently earlier model with screw fittings. I
have no experience with quick connect fittings, and don't quite knpw what to
do.

My water line is your standard 1/4" poly tubing. Do I just stuff that into

I know two cases, an ice maker and a humi[I've replaced poly, that leaked and was blamed on the resident cats chewing.]difier, where poly tubing
sprang a leak by itself. Copper doesn't do that.

the QC opening, or do I have to transition to copper first? And if the poly
is ok, do I need to insert one of those anti-collapse sleeves into the tubing
first?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Center posted, as your text was.

This is called "in-line posting". It's the easiest to understand
because each comment follows the prior poster's words that one is
commenting on.

It's the preferred method in Usenet and without a doubt within Usenet
etiquette.

I've used it here for 20 years. Why the sudden complaining about it?

To the OP, a coule folks have had bad
experiences with poly tubing. Please
replace with copper.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.

Otoh, if you want to complain, you don't have your sig preceded by the
proper line so that the sig isn't quoted when one replies. Where
you have one hyphen should be two hyphens and a space, "-- " without
the quotes.
.