James Sweet

Default We are attempting a hard drive platter transplant and need to construct a small 'Clean Room'

wrote in message
We're thinking along the line of a rectangular plexiglas box with a
small fan with a filter, non-powdered rubber gloves...It's a longshot,
we know, but the electronics are dead and no money for a professional
recovery job. Any help would be appreciated.

Just swap the board, you don't have to open the drive. If that doesn't work
forget it, the drive is scrap, there's absolutely no chance of successfully
swapping the platters, you'd never get them aligned correctly, the precision
required is several orders of magnitude greater than what any human has any
hope of.