Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well OT - pickup trucks

On 26/01/16 11:47, Tim+ wrote:
Orange wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message
Orange wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message
Orange wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2016-01-25, Capitol wrote:

[30 lines snipped]

It now seems almost impossible to buy a larger capacity cheap and
cheerful petrol engined new car.

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/newmustang

Fails on the cheap and cheerful.

It's all relative. £34,000 for a car with a 5L V8 is "cheap and
cheerful"
by some standards.

That new mustang is nothing like cheap and cheerful in its class.

Go on then, which new 5L V8 engined cars are cheaper?

All that shows is that there is no car which
is cheap and cheerful in that class of car.

What class is that? £34,000 IS cheap for a 5L V8. "Cheerful" is obviously
subjective put I think driving one would put a smile on most people's
faces.

Tim

A long time ago US manufacturers realised that a big engine doesn't
actually cost much more than a small one. OK there is more metal in a
big engine/car/gearbox/transmission but the amount of work is highly
similar.

Which is why dirt cheap V8 trucks used to be everywhere.

Muscle cars simply go fast in a straight line.

Drag racing was born in the USA.
Go figure

Josef Stalin