Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well OT - pickup trucks

In article ,
David wrote:
Back in the day it was realised that pick-up trucks could be bought by a
company without attracting VAT (and other taxes?) and then double as a
company car - as long as they had a carrying capacity of at least
1,000kg.

Cue the luxury crew cab models we see today with names like Animal.

All good stuff, but I'm casting my eye over them at the moment and the
UK ones all seem to have engines of 2.5 litres or less. I also remember
this from when I was last looking around 2000/20001.

Non-UK versions by the same manufacturers seem to have at least 3.0
litre engines.

Does anyone know why? Funny tax rules perhaps? Initial Google searches
get loads of adverts but not much information otherwise.

Probably because they're basically a US vehicle which generally have
larger engines. Cheaper fuel and longer distances. Same as with their home
grown cars.

--
*Geeks shall inherit the earth *

Dave Plowman London SW