Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Durable paint for the inside of a microwave oven

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 23:03:37 -0700, Tony Hwang

Yes, you can paint it. Would never have happened to begin with if you would have cleaned it like this each and every time since it was new: take a wad of paper towels and wet it really wet, put it in the microwave for two minutes. Take a dry wad of paper towels and put over the hot ones to remove them. Wipe out the hot damp microwave with the dry wad. Works every time and doesn't rust your microwave either.

Unless there's a spill that I wipe out, I only clean the oven every
few months and I do it by boiling a dish full of water and then wiping
it out, and I never have any rust.

Isn't that baked on paint originally?

The paint on my washing machine was baked on but the e-pox-ee spray
paint I used was as hard as new and never chipped. It's amazing but
it's so.

How will handle the smell of paint
when painted and oven is used. Ordinary new ovens can be had for ~100.00
of less.

100 dollars is a lot of money for some people. You never seem to
notice that. A half-can of epoxy paint costs 5$, and you'll find out
how much it smells when you're done. I'd venture that after a day's
drying or two and 20 minutes boiling water, even to make coffee, there
won't be any smell. This group is home repair, not home buy new.