Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_7_] Muggles[_7_] is offline

Default How To Deal With Heavy Snow On Roof In Maryland

On 1/24/2016 11:16 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 1/24/2016 9:56 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 1/24/2016 9:00 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 1/24/2016 5:56 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/24/2016 02:28 PM, Don Y wrote:
Small sheet of thin plywood/masonite on a pole/2x2 will do in a
pinch. Goal is to be able to get a little at a time off as
moving a *lot* in that body position is strenuous.

It goes without saying* but if you're working off a ladder, moving the
snow
directly above you isn't a good idea.

* in the northern states. A Maryland native might be completely
clueless about
snow.

It snows in MD.

I'm not sure most folks know much of *anything*!

A friend wasn't feeling well and drove herself to the hospital
last week. She was found by a cop, in her car, on the side
of the road -- having suffered a major stroke.

I'm sure her kids are happy they won't have to pay that AMBULANCE
bill out of her estate...

We found out that ambulance service was covered by an insurance policy
we paid for by paying a little extra on our electric bill every month
for the last umpteen years. We'd forgotten we had that coverage, and
when I ended up being taken by ambulance twice to the hospital last year
we were told don't worry about the bill - we're covered.

My point was: she worried about "a few dollars" (regardless of how MANY
dollars it may have been -- surely not much given what it costs to walk
into the ER, where she was headed!) and it cost her her life.

Not very sound reasoning.

She may not have thought she needed an ambulance.

--
Maggie