Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Audio Power Amplifier Solid State Relay

John Heath wrote:

Golden rule never put the original factory part in if possible.
If the original factory part failed then why repeat the same mistake?

** Very true, but you must be sure you have something better available.

Not too hard with transistors where you can sub American or European brands like Motorola, Philips or ST. But ICs, mechanical parts and wound components are harder to substitute successfully.

My parts bins are stocked with what I have found to be the best available in each category, so they will cover a huge range of jobs.

It is only as the very last resort that I go to the maker or importer for a spare part.

..... Phil