lbbs

Default Can you ID this TV model? Proscan RCA- jpg link picture

why turn off the tv guide, how does it work.
It would be useful to have tv guide, but does it work if you don't have
cable?

"Jason D." wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:09:42 -0600, "Wayne Tiffany"
wrote:

Am I missing something here - the model & s/n are just about always on a

tag
or sticker on the outside of the TV, generally on the back. I presume

they
aren't or you wouldn't have posted this. Did you find the place where

they
used to be? Not trying to be funny here, but did you use a flashlight to
look for the sticker?

RCA places two slightly different stickers in two places, one inside
one on the back of cabient that customers see. Servicers who opens
these RCA for warrenty job has to record one more character that ends
the serial number. Also the full service model is on back sticker,
inside sticker has only the model number missing four or three
characters.

For examples on sticker on back;

Model F27649 (larger print)
Service model: F27649TX51 (smaller finer print)
Serial: 123123123

Inside sticker (with case off looking at chassis somewhere)

Model F27649
Service Serial: 1231231234 or a letter in place of "4" as 10th
character, Later ones now have mixed characters: B231B30DXP, back
sticker serial number shows: B231B30DX, all are examples.

Yours have quide plus, that means either chassis CTC197 or CTC203 even
ATC113. Don't worry about owner manual, set is simple to operate
explore the menu, just disable the guide by first press menu then
press 8 (that selects 8 for setup) telling all questions no, then
select "begin watching..." oh, I forgot to add; disgard the address
code.

Headphones symbol for stereo (audio). Doggy button (fetch) is return
to last channel you left from I think or fetch that selected item in
the guide plus menu. I don't like guide stuff.

If your chassis is CTC203, bring it to shop and have them remove coil
at location: L14401 and clean waxy crap off both coil and circuit
board, clear wax out holes the coil pins goes through and reinstall
coil. This is a precaution to prevent blows up or future problems.
Shouldn't cost you about 40 to 50 just for labor. The earliest
symptoms of this failure is blanking out picture with audio still
working, if not fixed asap at this point, some day one part shorts out
and may take out the power supply. All are not expensive to rebuild
basically annoying. That waxy stuff breaks the solder joint this is
reason must remove part and clean everything to remove wax.

FYI: to other techs, I just had an ATC113 come in with that classic
coil coated in wax stuff for first time, fixed successfully as usual.

Those RCA sets is decent and tube has fairly good life.

Cheers,

Wizard