Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.os.linux,alt.home.repair
Melzzzzz Melzzzzz is offline

Default Why TP-Link Archer C5 router can't restablish without maccloning

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 00:50:32 -0000 (UTC)
Ken Cito wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 17:47:27 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

Like many other routers, MAC cloning is necessary. You don't have
ways to set up MAC cloning in your router's firmware? If you don't
want to then did you try ipconfig command with proper switches?

Is that the reason?
Mac cloning is *required* for TP-Link routers?
If so, they should say it on the box, 'cuz I wouldn't have bought it.

My Netgear WNDR3400 router and my linksys WRT54G router *never* needed
mac cloning.

Why does only TP-Link *require* mac cloning to work?

On same modem? Probably they cloned mac address of laptop
automatically..

I don't understand why it would need that just to work properly?

Because cable modem requires mac address from laptop...