Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Repairman fixes military wife's broken furnace.

On 01/25/2016 01:58 PM, T wrote:
On 01/25/2016 10:54 AM, Oren wrote:
"When a military wife’s furnace broke down, a Pennsylvania repairman
stepped in and fixed the malfunctioning unit at a huge discount.

He charged her $1.

“He said that the $1 was a joke and to thank my husband for his
service,” Bridget Stevens wrote in a since-deleted Facebook post that
has gone viral.

Paul Betlyn of Moon Township’s Betlyn Heating and Cooling said the job
normally would have cost about $150, but he gave Stevens, a mother of
two, a “deployment discount.”"

Story:

https://tinyurl.com/h5md2o2

I just read that about 10 minutes before you posted.
It was an extremely decent thing to do, especially
since it is very important to not have problems
back home that would distract the deployed member
and get him killed.

I have a customer who's husband foolishly called her on his
cell phone while on patrol, she said she heard popping
and he said "Honey, I've got to go. They are shooting
at us." He wasn't able to call her back for two weeks.
You have no idea the fear she went through!

It's nice to once in a while hear some good news.

When I was drafted into the Army back in 1969 I was pretty shocked that
I often got worse treatment as a GI than when I was a long haired hippie.

There were some good stories though. I still recall that when I got out
in 1971 and had to bring my 1953 Chevy 3100 in for one of the few
repairs I could not do myself, the repairs cost between $1 and $7.50
which even then was way under-priced.

BTW: I just found a Facebook page for my old unit over in Germany and
have gotten in contact with several of my old buddies. Someone even
posted a photo of the compound from 1933 when, as they said, it was
under "previous management"!