Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How To Deal With Heavy Snow On Roof In Maryland

On 1/25/2016 12:14 PM, Don Y wrote:

What amazes me is how people are making judgements but don't know many
facts.
We have no way to tell just how she felt. It may not have been
serious when
she left and had no idea what the end result would be.

Woman in question had a habit of avoiding ambulance rides.
I don't know if it was the cost or the embarassment (having
neighbors seeing you carted off) or just not wanting to
have "strangers" in her house (another embarassment?).

She'd floated the idea numerous times in the past of
asking *us* to drive her to the hospital in these situations.
We made it abundantly clear: if you need a ride for a
doctor's appointment, etc. feel free to ask. If it's
an EMERGENCY, then don't put US in the position of
having to assume responsibility for your welfare! The
ambulance/paramedics can get to your house in far less
time than *we* can (she's 3 or 4 miles FARTHER outside
of town than we are -- and we're a good 15 minutes drive
time from the nearest hospital, esp as we'd have to obey
traffic regulations, etc.)

Ah, the rest of the story. Ambulance would have been appropriate for her.