Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default They finally found proof texting bans - does it make a difference

In article , Ed
Pawlowski wrote:

there are places where people expect to have peace and quiet. that's
what makes them happy.

Yup, but not in public spaces. Hence the term 'public' - they are
for everyone. If you want peace and quiet, live in the
mountains.

I have to disagree with that, at least in part. If I go to a public park
and it is noisy, kids crying, people talking loudly, I don't care. I
can always leave if it is not to my liking. As you state, it is a
public place.

Restaurants are open to the public, but they are not owned by the
public, they are privately owned. The owner can make some rules. When I
go to a fast food place, especially one that has kids meal, I expect
there may be children, some ill behaved. My choice to go, I have to put
up with it. When I go to a restaurant for fine dining, I have
different expectations. I expect to have a quiet meal. If that means
banning young children or otherwise censoring them, so be it.

exactly.

Same with differing expectations at a Guns & Roses concert versus Perry
Como or the symphony.

If people have respect for others, there would be no need for such
roles. Too many people are ignorant of others though and only care about
themselves.

yep.